Many office environments are experiencing limitations within their current networks as bandwidth demand increase by users. Implementing a high-performance network is as important to modern day offices as a prime location or stylish design. Fiber network can future-proof your business all while compounding cost and energy savings for a stealthy leap into the future.
There are significant cost benefits for even small offices to for new installations and renovations of Fiber optics technology. Reduced purchase costs and reduced maintenance costs can total up to 25%. This technology can also produce energy saving of up t 30% which can significantly decrease overhead of large computing centers.
- Cost Reduction- Over the years the cost of copper cabling has increased dramatically. The installation of Cat cable has also become more time-consuming due to the massive cost of cabling shredding (see our article on time saving Tri-Shield Cable.) Not only does fiber decrease the cost of goods and installation; fiber outperforms copper and can outlast copper by up to 10 years.
- Space saving- Fiber has a much longer transmission capability. With increased distance, the need for technical rooms decreases leaving valuable office space for alternative uses. The lower volume of fiber optic cable routes also means it is ideal for the renovation or expansion of existing IT networks. Fiber can be implemented without long disruptions of daily operations. The diagrams below show examples of how the need for technical rooms can be swiftly reduced with the implementation of fiber optic cable.
✘ Strict lengths limitations (max. 100 m)
✘ Many wiring cabinets for cable consolidation needed (could be more than 100 per floor), wasting valuable commercial space
✘ Thick cable trunks with high fire load and susceptibility to EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) can have negative impact on overall network reliability
✘ High demand for network hardware leading to low energy efficiency, high cost for cooling and maintenance and power resilience
✘ Limited average bandwidth per user. One Gigabit link is shared by up to 24/48 users
✘ Change of technology requires completely new horizontal cabling
✔ Easy implementation of Power-over-Ethernet resp. PoE+
✔Almost no length limitations (typical several thousand meters for single mode fiber)
✔ No active equipment needed for signal conditioning within the networking path
✔ Gain of building space, open for commercial use
✔ Cable volume is reduced by 75 per cent, reduced fireload, high resistance to electromagnetic interference
✔ No additional cost for climatisation, uninterruptable power supply and access control
✔ High bandwidth per user. Only four users per FTTO Switch share one Gigabit link
✔ In case of technology change the floor cabling does not need to be renewed
✔ Integration of POE, Power-over-Ethernet (+) through the MICROSENS Micro Switches
Fiber optic networks will future-proof your business allowing for mobility of data, expansion of storage, and next generation services, integrating all of you network needs.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Server Virtualization
- High-Performance Computing
- Multi-site Collaboration
- Streaming Multi-Media
- Data Warehousing
- Cloud Computing
A high performing network infrastructure has become as important to a modern office environment as a visible high class location and Fashionable interiors. Fiber Optics add long-term value and will future-proof your business.
Stay tuned for the fashionable snap switches and innovative installation concepts of fiber optic cable.